Partly sunny skies with scattered to numerous thunderstorms are expected each day this week, according to the National Weather Service, while daily highs are expected to range in the low 90s.

With an expected 50 percent chance of precipitation, showers and thunderstorms are likely today, particularly after 2 p.m., and skies, meanwhile, are expected to be partly sunny, and the high should be near 91 degrees, though heat index values may reach as high as 100 degrees. The chance of showers and thunderstorms is expected to decrease to 30 percent this evening, which should be mostly cloudy with a low around 74 degrees.

Tuesday is forecast to have a 60 percent chance of precipitation with showers and thunderstorms most likely to occur in the afternoon. Otherwise, skies should be partly sunny, and the high is expected to be near 91. The chance of showers and thunderstorms is expected to remain the same going into Tuesday evening, which is forecast to mostly cloudy with a low around 74.

Partly sunny skies and a high near 91 is forecast for Wednesday, along with a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. The chance of showers and thunderstorms is expected to decrease to 30 percent on Wednesday evening, which should be mostly cloudy with a low around 74.

A 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms is forecast for Thursday, which is expected to be partly sunny with a high near 91.

The chance of showers and thunderstorms is expected to decrease to 20 percent on Thursday night, which is forecast to be mostly cloudy with a low around 73.

On Friday, a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms is expected. Skies, meanwhile, are forecast to be mostly sunny, and the high should be near 92. Partly cloudy skies and a low around 74 are forecast for Friday evening.

Mostly sunny skies, a high near 92 and a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms are forecast for Saturday.

The National Weather Service issues the official forecast for Marion County and surrounding areas. The Star Banner uses AccuWeather forecasts on its weather page, which are sometimes different than official weather service predictions.